This book published by Arihant publication English sample paper for class 10 term 1 According to new pattern released by cbse board. This book will help to boost your preparation in last days studies just complete this book once it will surely give you more marks.
Disclaimer: This blog does no longer very own this e-book neither created nor scanned. We simply supplying the hyper link already available on net and other sources. If any manner it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us or contact us email@example.com for this Link Removal. I have created this Blog Just to help poor students who are financially terrible to buy any book from market.
Here, I am sharing the books we referred to and the benefits you can get from particular book
I will give 10 important pointers for scoring in English language(Eng-1)
Points to be noted:
● I will start with the easiest question to score full mark. That is notice writing of course.I have throughly studied its Format from cicse.org .It carriers no Marks for expression.So write without any grammar or spelling mistake and adhere to the format to score a full 5 Mark’s
●The E mail writing is the same case as notice
BUT IT HAS 1 MARK FOR expression.
Try to convey your ideas in a formal and straightforward manner.it dosen’t need any flower vocabulary.
● The letter writing
Now,Always attempt formal no matter what is going on has 3 Mark’s for format and 2 for content.
SO, F+C=3+2=5. See five Marks are already yours.
The expression constitutes 5 Mark’s and is tricky to score. There is a kind of rule in correction,Two actually
You are given 2.5 or 3 Mark’s in expression if you have left no spelling or grammar error and scored full in format and content (5 marks).
The other 2 Marks can only be scored If you write your essay properly. Full marks are only given if the essay is good.This is a secret many people miss.
So an average student can easily score 8 marks
● Now comes the Unseen passage
The meanings are pretty hard for a average student to write.I think moderate knowledge of English is enough to get 2/3 right. Anyway, I’m not discouraging you.Follow step 2
Read a novel every once a week.
Some good ones are:
The call of the wild
Your Merchant of venice book(Very useful for enriching vocabulary)
Stories by ruskin bond(They have a sense of humor and an amazing use of words)
The old man and the sea
Your poem and short story book as well(prescribed by icse).
2.Utilise the reading time properly for marking the comprehension answers. All of them are in the passage .USE YOUR OWN WORDS, IT IS MENTIONED IN THE QUESTION. KEYWORDS FETCH YOU MARKS
3. Summary is also easy ,mark the points which you feel to be important and write them IN YOUR OWN WORDS.
I think even average students can score 18 if you are concious. 20 is not hard.
JUST DON’T MESS UP THE QUESTIONS AND SUMMARY. MEANINGS ARE PRETTY MUCH MOST PEOPLE’S PROBLEM.
● Grammar part
1.Very important part. Possible to easily score full.
2. Buy total English and do one exercise from it daily.
3. Wren and Martin is good but for icse I think total English is better.
4. Use wren and martin for idioms
5. Many despise propositions. Practice Is the key to overcome .it .No shortcuts for it
6.For those who are wondering
TEACHERS TAKE QUESTIONS FOR PREBOARDS FROM ISC BOOKS
THAT’S WHY THEY ARE SO TOUGH.
BUY ISC TOTAL ENGLISH(XI AND XII) FOR SCORING MARKS IN SCHOOL EXAMS.(Preboards)
The hardest part to score in.
The marking scheme is do complicated,I can’t even write it here.
Just avoid spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes and you can get 15 in essay
You need literary perfection for scoring above 15.
Use flower vocabulary and excellent word structure.
Write 2 essays a week to face the essay part.
7. Attempt an narrative or Descriptive essay
8. Never attempt picture composition ad the picture might not be clear. Everyone’s opinion about the picture is different and the council sets marking scheme in a way. SO YOU END UP LOSING MARKS.
9. Never attempt an story as you have to be very creative to get mark in it.
● Miscellaneous tips:
Utilise the reading time by deciding which essay you are going to attempt and mark the answers for comprehension questions and prepare a outline for your summary
Follow this order
GRAMMAR >UNSEEN PASSAGE >NOTICE& EMAIL >LETTER WRITING > ESSAY.
3. Buy Art of effective English writing for improving writing SKILLS..IT has a lot of quotes and all of the previous year questions
4. So an average student can score
with just consistent practice throughout the year
5. I didn’t write much about essays as all the other answers are mainly about essays and has very little concentration on the other parts.
6. And give one sample paper every week and analyze your mistakes and take a vow never to commit them again.
ALWAYS LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES
Final thoughts :
All of this is written after going through the last 10 papers,Analysis of pupils performance and my own thoughts as well.